The Arc Baltimore is looking for passionate and compassionate people to join our staff and provide life-changing support to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The individuals we support are more active in the community than ever before. They're living in Baltimore's neighborhoods; they're going to work, paying their bills, going out with friends. They're living and thriving in the community.
We have multiple open positions at The Arc Baltimore. Our available positions range from direct support professionals supporting people with disabilities at home and at work to administrative positions, case managers, and program directors. We encourage qualified applicants to apply for any of the openings listed on our job board accessed by clicking the buttons below. During the phone screening process, we will try to match a position that works best with your schedule and location preference.
Staff is entitled to generous benefits including medical, vacation, and sick time, wealth-building plans, tuition assistance, and training and career advancement opportunities.
All direct support professionals start at $15.50 per hour and can earn up to $1,500* in sign-on bonuses.
- Employees are eligible for up to a $1,500 sign-on bonus between 3/15/22 and 6/15/22:
- $500 after 30 days of employment
- $1,000 after 6 months of employment
- Temporary & former employees (rehires) are ineligible
- Employees must complete all required new-hire training and work a min. of 10 hours during the first 30 days to be eligible for the 30-day bonus.
- Employees must work a min. of 60 hours during the first 6 months to be eligible for the $1,000 bonus.
- Any disputes or interpretations of this bonus program will be handled by Human Resources.
The Arc Baltimore welcomes walk-in applicants for day support specialist positions at the following locations, days and times:
- Dundalk (1401 North Pt. Rd., 21222)
Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays | 10 am - 1 pm
- Seton (6151 Metro Dr., 21215)
Wednesdays | 9 am - 12 pm
- Homeland (4800 York Rd., 21212)
Tuesdays & Thursdays | 10 am - 1 pm
Applicants must bring a resume and driver's license, and they can apply and interview on the spot. All Day Services Support Specialists start at $15.50, can earn up to $1,500 in a sign-on bonus, and receive a generous benefits package.
If you are a prospective employee applying for the first time, please click the external applicant button. All current employees should click on the internal applicant button.
If you are a former employee of The Arc Baltimore and you received an error while trying to submit your online application, please contact the HR Recruitment Team at HRRecruitmentTeam@thearcbaltimore.org.
- Health & Wellness - medical, prescription drug, vision, dental, and voluntary supplemental plans
- Rest - paid vacation, sick and holiday leave
- Financial Protection & Wealth Building - flexible spending accounts, life and disability insurance, 403(b) thrift savings plan
- Career Advancement - tuition assistance and professional training
- Discounted Services - auto/homeowner's insurance, banking/financial services
All staff receives an intensive two-week training curriculum once hired. The training includes Fundamental Rights, Safe Driving, Mandt Behavioral Training, CPR & First Aid, Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities/Community Integration, Professional Development and Medication Technician Training (not a requirement for all positions).
In addition to a rigorous training program, The Arc Baltimore is committed to cultivating and developing emerging leaders.
A Career Ladder program for direct support professionals offers a credentialing opportunity to earn three levels of certification recognized by the National Association of Direct Support Professionals (NADSP).
An internal Leadership Institute conducts nine months of focused learning in leadership principles and brings together staff from across the agency at all levels.
The agency sponsors 3-6 participants in the Maryland Executives Council of The Arc Mayland Leadership program each year for monthly programs with leaders from every chapter.
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 443-279-1225 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunities, please click here.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security