The Arc Baltimore has a long history of advocacy to increase the rights of and services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD). Our activities and policy goals are aimed at:
- Securing new and expanded funding for needed services for all persons with I/DD
- Promoting laws and regulations that assure equal rights, opportunity, and treatment for all persons with I/DD
- Securing well-funded and integrated public education programs for students with I/DD (including other needed services for children and youth such as daycare, foster care, infants and toddlers programs, respite care, etc.)
- Preserving and advancing publicly supported benefits (including income, housing, health services, and other necessary supports) for individuals with I/DD who are not able to (fully) support themselves with income from working
- Other matters that improve the quality of life for children and adults with I/DD and their families.
The Arc Baltimore works in collaboration with multiple partners and a coalition to achieve maximum impact on public policies affecting…Read More
Advocacy Update - April 17, 2023 Budget Highlights With the 2023 legislative session concluded, there are numerous budget and legislative…Read More