Celebrating a tradition of volunteer and staff commitment each year, this event each May is a unique gathering of close friends and partners of The Arc Baltimore and serves as annual election of the new board of directors and officers.
The Annual Meeting & Awards Reception was held on May 4, 2016 at the Radisson Hotel North Baltimore and hosted by Jamie Costello from Channel 2.
Click here to see event photos.
This year’s award winners are:
Community Partner Awards:
- Volunteer of the Year – Meghan MacMillan
- Special Appreciation – Faye Blue, Pixilated, Kira Sekulow
- Foster Care Excellence – Carolyn Williams
- Professional of the Year – Michael Tan, CCBC
- Award for Advocacy Leadership – The Honorable Carol A. Beatty, Secretary, Maryland Department of Disabilities
- Public Service – The Honorable Brooke E. Lierman, Maryland House of Delegates
- Employers of Distinction – Alban CAT, MedStar Health
- Director Emeritus – Pat Rosner and Jim List
Staff & Support Individual Awards:
- Excellence in Direct Support – Community Living – Melissa Meyers
- Excellence in Direct Support – Employment & Day – Erica Vince
- Excellence in Management – Sly Bieler
- Employee of the Year – Program – Heather Edwards
- Employee of the Year – Administration – Matthew Piercey
- Community Connection – Michele Pingley
- Citizenship Award – Tony Ciampaglia