The Arc Baltimore has a long history of advocacy to increase the rights of and services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD). Our activities and policy goals are aimed at:
- Securing new and expanded funding for needed services for all persons with I/DD
- Promoting laws and regulations that assure equal rights, opportunity and treatment for all persons with I/DD
- Securing well-funded and integrated public education programs for students with I/DD (including other needed services for children and youth such as day care, foster care, infants and toddlers programs, respite care, etc.)
- Preserving and advancing publicly supported benefits (including income, housing, health services and other necessary supports) for individuals with I/DD who are not able to (fully) support themselves with income from working
- Other matters that improve the quality of life for children and adults with I/DD and their families.