The Arc Baltimore has a long history of advocacy to increase the rights of and services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD). Our activities and policy goals are aimed at:
- Securing new and expanded funding for needed services for all persons with I/DD
- Promoting laws and regulations that assure equal rights, opportunity, and treatment for all persons with I/DD
- Securing well-funded and integrated public education programs for students with I/DD (including other needed services for children and youth such as daycare, foster care, infants and toddlers programs, respite care, etc.)
- Preserving and advancing publicly supported benefits (including income, housing, health services, and other necessary supports) for individuals with I/DD who are not able to (fully) support themselves with income from working
- Other matters that improve the quality of life for children and adults with I/DD and their families.
The Arc Baltimore works in collaboration with multiple partners and a coalition to achieve maximum impact on public policies affecting…Read More
2022 GENERAL ASSEMBLY This year’s General Assembly session runs from January 12th to April 11th. While the session is largely…Read More