The Quality Enhancement department is happy to announce that CARF International, an independent, nonprofit accreditor of health and human services, awarded The Arc Baltimore its fourth, three-year maximum accreditation on June 27, 2014 for the following services: Employment Supports; Job Development; Community Housing; Community Integration; Foster Family Services; Supported Living; and Governance.
In order to receive the maximum accreditation, The Arc had to demonstrate substantial conformance for over a thousand standards, of which we met 98 percent. A team of six CARF surveyors spent three days conducting a comprehensive review of the agency, including visiting day programs and homes of individuals supported by Community Living and Foster Care, reviewing policies and procedures, and meeting with staff, individuals who receive services, families, board members and other stakeholders.
It is noteworthy that The Arc is not required by licensing entities to seek accreditation. The fact that we voluntarily pursue CARF accreditation is a testament to the quality of our agency and to our deep commitment to sustainable excellence. In its most recent survey report, CARF noted many strengths that The Arc demonstrates, including:
· “The Arc Baltimore enjoys the services of a committed and enthusiastic board whose members are dedicated to the organization and its mission.”
· “The longevity of the staff members at the executive, senior management, and management levels is impressive.”
· “Assistive technology is a major strength of The Arc Baltimore.”
· “The Arc Baltimore supports the needs of persons serviced with severe challenges at its various day program sites with increasingly creative person-centered approaches.”
· The families are extremely satisfied with the services provided by The Arc Baltimore and are confident in the organization’s ability to not only keep the persons served healthy and safe, but to also assist them in reaching their full potential.”
· “The persons served are supported to spend time with their families and friends; take vacations; attend conferences; and explore their community, state, and region.”
The Arc’s ongoing success is attributed to the dedication of our board members, families, individuals who receive services, and community affiliates. The dedication of The Arc’s staff, from direct support professionals to our executive leadership continues to impress me the most. This exemplary accreditation was made possible by your hard work, devotion to the individuals who receive services, and a continued commitment to The Arc’s mission and values.
If you have any feedback or suggestions for continued quality improvement, please contact me at 410-296-2272 x 5540 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you all.